You might be surprised to know how many 1950s inventions we still use today. In fact, many items that have become a part of our everyday life came out of this decade. From toys and treats to life-saving medical devices, the ’50s gave us some amazing inventions. Check out a few of them below.
- Super Glue (1951)– It’s hard for most of us to imagine that super glue did not exist before 1951. When it was fis=rst produced, it was quite a breakthrough.
- The First Credit Card (1951)– Paying with plastic is a part of everyday life for many of us, however, before the Diner’s Club card made an appearance in the early ’50s this was not an option.
- Mr. Potato Head (1952)– Although it has gone through some recent changes and rebranding, this toy remains a big seller.
- The Bar Code (1952)– From shopping to sending and receiving mail and more, the bar code has changed the way business is done.
- The Pacemaker (1950) – This important medical device was a game-changer in 1950 and has saved many lives ever since.
It’s hard to imagine life without some of these inventions. Even more impressive, this is not a complete list of 1950s inventions that are still in use today. Check out this top ten list of ’50s inventions. If you want more nostalgia like this, be sure to check out our blog and make sure you follow us on Twitter and Facebook